Hey my lovelies,
Today I am here to share with you a festive make up look that will take you through the Diwali and the wedding seasons ahead. As you all know that the Durga puja is enormously celebrated in Kolkata for 4-5 long days so we, the Kolkata girls get a lot of excuses to wear different dresses and make up at different times of the day! In this post I am sharing one of the looks I created during this festivity. It is suitable for night time look and you can always switch your lip colour according to your choices.
Products used for this look:
- Colorbar perfect match primer
- MAC select cover concealer
- MAC studio fix fluid foundation in the shade NC 41 + Lakme CC cream- bronze
- Maybelline dream lumi touch highlighting concealer in the shade honey
- Revlon nearly naked compact
- Faces Glam on blush- Cocktail peach
- Miss claire eyeshadow- 0215 to contour
- Lakme absolute moon lit highlighter e
- Lakme absolute Sun kissed bronzer
Firstly, I primed my face and then I applied MAC select cover concealer on blemishes and thinly under the eye area as it has got the right amount of orangey tone that cancels out any darkness. I mixed CC cream with my MAC foundation to get the perfect shade for me. Then I applied the highlighting concealer under my eyes, forehead, along the bridge of my nose, chin to highlight those areas and contoured my cheeks and jawline with a brown eyeshadow which is 2-3 shades darker than my skin tone. To set the base I used a pressed powder. For blush I used a sheer peach blush to add a peachy glow. Lastly I added some highlighter on the higher points of my face like cheekbones, bridge of the nose, chin and cupid’s bow and a bit of bronzer to warm up the skin.
- Lakme absolute concealer and the same compact powder as a base for my eye make up (not pictured)
- Lakme eye shadow quartet- Desert rose (* shade)
- Maybelline The Nudes palette (* shades)
- Loreal paris infallible eye shadow- Endless chocolate
- Maybelline gel eyeliner
- Revlon eyeliner pencil
- Maybelline fashion brow duo brow shaper in the shade brown
- Bourjois intense extrait eyeshadow 09
- Loreal paris volume million lashes mascara
For the eye make up I started applying a creamy concealer on my lid and then slightly powdering it as I did not have any eye primer. Then I applied a thick line of kohl along the upper lashline and smudged it. I used the reddish copper shade from the quartet all over the lid. Then I diffused and blended the colour into the crease with a medium brown eye shadow with a blending brush, defined the outer corner with a dark chocolatey brown shadow and highlighted the brow bones with a pinkish champagne colour. For the inner corners I used the same brow bone highlighter. I slightly extended the eye shadow work outward. I lined my eyes with a black gel eyeliner and winged it out slightly. I wanted my eye make up to be softer looking so I totally skipped using eye pencils on my lower water line and only defined the lower lash line with a brown eye shadow. But you can always use your favourite kajal if you want. Then I curled my lashes and applied generous coat of my favourite mascara.
- Lakme 9 to 5 lip liner- Brick rose
- Lakme absolute sculpt matte lipstick- Coral Flare
- Maybelline lip polish- Glam 4
I filled my lips entirely with a neutral lip liner, then applied a bright coral red lipstick. To soften the colour and give it a peachy tone I topped it with a peachy nude gloss.
Hope you enjoyed reading this post. Please let me know if you find it useful or recreate it.