Today I am here to share a DIY face mask with you which I am loving for quite some time. When it comes to pampering my skin I like to do that on my own as much as possible rather than going to a salon. On days when my skin deserves some special attention, I indulge in natural, over the kitchen ingredients. The products and ingredients used here are easily available in our home.
- Rice flour
- Yogurt (whole milk yogurt)
- Pinch of turmeric (not pictured)
- Rice flour acts as a natural scrub which is mild as well as very hydrating. It works wonder for every skin type
- Yogurt has lactic acid which softens the skin, improves its texture, removes tan.
- Honey is natural moisturiser which nourishes your skin and imparts a healthy glow.
- lemon juice tones your skin. It has vit c in it which acts as an antioxidant agent. It also helps in fading away blemishes and acne marks
- Turmeric has anti inflammatory, antiseptic properties. If you have acne prone skin you can add turmeric. But not too much as it will leave strong yellow stain behind.
In a small glass bowl take 2 tea spoons of rice flour, 1 tea spoon of yogurt, lemon juice and honey and mix them all together well. Add a pinch of turmeric (optional). Mix well. Your mask should look something like this:
Now apply this mask evenly all over your face and neck using a synthetic brush or just your fingers. Leave the eye and lip area. Keep it for 20 to 25 minutes. Try to relax during this time. After 25 mins wet the mask with normal temperature water and massage onto your face for good 5 minutes. Then thoroughly rinse it off. Gently pat dry your skin with a soft face towel and apply your favourite moisturiser. Voila! You have the perfectly smooth and glowing skin.
Try this mask on and let me know how well it works for you in the comments below.