I always love matte lipsticks. It is not that I do not like glossy lipsticks but as mattes are long wearing compared to glossy ones I feel weak when it comes to mattes. I am a lazy lass when it comes to touch ups! I always look up for products tagged as long wearing. So when I saw these new launch of long wearing “Hi-definition” matte lipsticks from Lakme I instantly grabbed one. Today I will review the shade Coral Flare which I picked up from this range. Lets see how well it scored!
Packaging: The packaging is really attractive one. It comes in a metallic grey coloured twist up tube with a transparent cap on it which looks quite classy. The shade of the lipstick can be seen through the transparent cap which makes it easier to identify. The bullet is a slanted one like their other absolute lipsticks.
- Hi Definition Matte lipstick
- Hi Color pay off in one stroke and Matte texture
- Long lasting formula
My Experience With Lakme Absolute Sculpt Studio Matte Lipstick
- Shade: Coral Flare is a bright coral-red colour. But it looks more of a bright coral colour on lips than red. It instantly brightens up my complexion. This will suit a lot of skin tones I guess. I do not know what is going inside my head but I am really going crazy over corals these days! Corals are the new pink for me! So this shade is a win win for me. If someone wants to try out a nice coral shade, this will be a great option.
- Texture: The texture feels quite smooth on application. It is moisturising but not super creamy. As they are matte so you need to prep your lips with a lip balm before application. It feels comfortable to wear, does not settle into fine lines or emphasize them. It is kind of moist matte in texture rather than powder matte like their 9 to 5 range.
- Colour pay off: This gives sheer to medium coverage. I am a little disappointed with its pigmentation as compared to the other absolute lipsticks. It fails to give an opaque colour in one swipe and looks patchy. You really need to build up the colour with multiple swipes. So it may fail to show up well on pigmented lips. But I think its not the same for other shades.
- Staying Power: Being a little sheer in colour it tends to fade away after 2 hours. It could not survive the heavy dinner when I first applied it. I had to reapply. But it fades away evenly though. Afterwards I wore this lipstick with a neutral lip liner underneath and it stayed well for 3-4 hours and gradually faded.
I had high expectations but I am a little disappointed with its pigmentation and staying power. I loved their other matte lipsticks in the past. The shade Coral Flare although I can see myself wearing a lot as I quite like how it looks on me and is the perfect summer hue. The texture is good as well and feels comfortable on lips for quite a long time. I would be really happy if it stayed for a little more time but using a lip liner as a base definitely extends the wear time. I recommend this as the colour is really pretty.
BBD Rating: 4/5
Which shade of Lakme Absolute Sculpt Studio Matte Lipstick have you tried? Share your experiences in the comments below.